DUMBO is a design studio based in Cologne, Germany, passionate about building digital products and services that users love. Even though we are a small team, our clients are big brands, global companies and industry leaders. Our work is put into interfaces that are used by millions every single day to get their jobs done. We love what we do and are excited about instilling positive change to the product design industry.
We work on complex challenges — which is why we need you.
We need someone to join our interdisciplinary design team. We work on high-fidelity design to turn complex problems into effective and efficient interactions that shape how people progress with digital products today. Therefor UX and visual design are combined into a single design discipline, with assistance from writers and motion designers. Prototyping should happen frequently, and developers should work closely with you.
What you’ll do:
- All we care about is that you stay 100 percent focused on creating great digital products.
- Iteratively develop initial concepts, user flows, visual design, and prototypes in collaboration with the team.
- From concept to delivery, attention to detail and concern for design execution are essential.
- Take part in all phases of the project, from strategy to launch to optimization.
What you bring:
- Willingness to work in-person at our Cologne office.
- A desire to actively participate in all aspects of digital product design, including product innovation, product experience, and product vision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. You can clearly communicate your design ideas to the rest of the team and our clients, and you strive to create the most effective and efficient user interactions.
- A portfolio demonstrating your design approach and attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of common design and prototyping tools such as Figma, inVision, or Sketch.
- Passion for good design, determination, and a never-ending pursuit of new skills and personal development.
What you get:
- Flexible working hours. We value personal cooperation. However, each person’s needs and circumstances are unique. As a result, working hours are as flexible as possible.
- 30+ days of vacation. With us, everyone gets the same amount of time to rest. And we go one step further: at the end of the year, we close the company for a week.
- CO2 neutral. We compensate the work of every single person. Starting with the commute to work. Plus green energy for our equipment and servers and bikes for our team.
- SXSW Off Site. We go on team field trips on a regular basis. We’ll be attending South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, in 2023. One of the biggest and most important gatherings for “digital creatives”.
- Sushi Friday. We value having lunch together. Sushi Friday is almost as old as DUMBO. To celebrate, Friday is on us! Bon appétit.
What you don’t get:
- A freelance job. Success cannot be easily replaced.
- Decoupled project management. Our work is of outstanding quality. We stay on budget. We are on time. Simply because we make sound decisions by ourselves and know exactly what we’re doing.
Sounds good? We’re so excited to hear from you! We can’t wait to meet you soon!
The DUMBO team.